Campus Visit Specialist
Campus Visit SpecialistPosition Number:
This position interacts with internal and external constituents to support the campus visit program, contributing to the university’s goals of recruitment, retention, and community partnership. This position will manage the campus visit program, including daily campus tours and group tours and assist with the execution of recruitment events, both on-campus and in a virtual format. In addition, creates presentations and manages inventory associated with the tours and recruitment events. Also, supervises student tour guides and RAMbassador volunteers.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Schedule and Coordinate Campus Visits for Prospective students and their families, and group tours. Schedules on-campus meetings (academic, athletic, campus life, etc.). Greet and check-in for campus visit programs. Provides campus tours as needed. Collaborate with current students, staff, faculty, and campus partners for visit programming as needed, contributing to a successful campus visit program. Coordinates tours for campus departments as requested for guest speakers, potential new hires, and new employees.
2. Supervise student tour guides and manage their schedule for daily campus tours. Advise RAMbassador volunteers. Coordinates RAMbassadors to assist at on-campus and virtual events, including tours and panels. Trains student tour guides and RAMbassadors on the application and admissions process, academic opportunities, and the campus tour. Provides tour training to all new-hires within Office of Admissions.
3. Create presentations associated with campus visit programs, both on-campus and virtual. Present information about ASU for prospective students and their guests. Prepare recruitment material for tours, group tours, recruitment events, and external requests. Provide customer service to constitutions requesting recruitment material, track inventory of materials in CRM system, and assist in the delivery of material.
4. Manages the admissions email account providing customer assistance in a timely manner. Provides support to recruitment team and fills in as needed when admission counselors are traveling. Maintain knowledge and understanding of current admission standards, college placement tests, FASFA, etc.
5. Work with potential students in regards to residency. Maintain updates to residency processes and provide support to staff as needed.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and proficiency in the utilization of Banner and SalesForce
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an effective and efficient manner
• Ability to work under pressure and meet priority deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Skilled in professional, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Education: A Bachelors degree required
Other: Valid driver’s license. Ability to lift and move 40 pounds. Willingness to travel as needed and to work selected evenings and weekends.
• Experience working in higher education, prior recruitment and event planning responsibilities
• Fluent in Spanish
• Supervisory Experience
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
01/11/2021Desired Start Date:
02/15/2021Open Until Filled: