At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part-Time Enrollment Advisor who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will assist with the recruitment and enrollment process for nontraditional students in the Enrollment Management division.
This is a Grant Funded Position. Continuation Is Contingent on Grant Renewal.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Associate’s Degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: Two (2) years of customer service experience, office administration including Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred: One (1) year of experience working in Higher Education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be comfortable meeting new people, representing Amarillo College to local employers and the community.
- Must have proficient interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Ability to multitask and remain organized.
- Strong Initiative and Integrity.
- Current computer and Microsoft Office Skills.
- Adept in active listening, problem solving, and conflict resolution abilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with local employers and visit them physically and via email/telecommunication methods (Zoom, Skype, and Google Meet).
- Schedule events with employers with the intent of enrolling employees from those locations into academic courses at Amarillo College.
- Attend adult-focused career and college fairs in the area, representing Amarillo College to nontraditional students.
- Plan and execute communication with prospective students and provides progress reports to track prospect pool and recruitment success.
- Maintain current knowledge of College programs and services relevant to new and prospective students.
- Work to reach enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Represent Amarillo College by giving presentations and providing a presence at functions on campus and off campus.
- Recommend educational goals and admission requirements to potential students.
- Strive to develop and maintain partnerships between the College and its clients in its 9-county service area, including but not limited to school districts, local employers, and community resource centers.
- Sets up advising appointments.
- Arranges and facilitates visits and tours for prospective students and their families.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform additional duties or job functions required and deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, frequently required to sit or stand for long periods, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, holidays, and varying events as necessary or scheduled.).
Working Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Salary: Aligned with the current salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.