Community Youth Development Project Manager
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a manager to oversee the Community Youth Development (CYD) Grant, who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who are innovative and work well with others. This position includes working with youth ranging in age from 10 – 17 years.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Education.
Required: Three years of successful experience in education, business, industry, or a related field. Must exhibit administrative abilities.
Preferred: First Aid and CPR certified. Youth Diversity & Cultural Competency. Policies and Procedures Training with United Way of Amarillo & Canyon. Background check with United Way of Amarillo & Canyon. (Training provided)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently
- Attention to detail
- Capable of meeting essential deadlines.
- Ability to develop and coordinate children’s activities.
- Work in a public school setting
- Relate and work with youth ages 10-17
- Management and administrative skills
- Generate and write program reports on a daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Strong clerical and organizational skills.
- Process large volumes of paperwork for program participants as required for the grant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, communicate and coordinate with Amarillo ISD principals and counselors in the 79107 zip code.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff for the program.
- Develop curriculum and purchase supplies and equipment.
- Inventory, maintain, store and transport supplies.
- Collect and Complete daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Manage a site supervisor and instructors.
- Approve bi-weekly time entry for staff.
- Maintain standards of the Grant.
- Must enjoy working with youth.
- Manage and oversee day to day programs/activities of the CYD grant
- Manage, supervise and oversee after school programs during the Fall and Spring school semesters.
- Manage, supervise and oversee Summer sports camps.
- Assure that minimum staffing needs are met daily.
- Stay up to date and maintain quality standards consistent with Amarillo College policies and procedures.
- Site supervision is required. Substitute teaching in programs will be required as necessary.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies, sports equipment, and program supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Degrees, certifications, and experiences should be applicable to the position and must meet any accreditation requirements applicable to the program or institution. Certifications, licensures, and/or registrations must be current. Only degrees earned from a fully accredited college or university (SACS or regional equivalent) are accepted. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets. Programs are generally conducted in public school environments during after school hours. Site supervision is required and substitute teaching may be required.Attendance Expectations: Every employee of the College is expected to be on duty each duty day unless on excused leave of absence; regular attendance is an essential condition of employment. An employee who is absent from duty without leave, as specified in the “Classified and Administrative Personnel Handbook” shall forfeit compensation for times of absence. If an employee cannot report to work he/she is responsible for notifying his/her supervisor as early as possible on or prior to the day he/she is absent. All absences will be recorded by the supervisor as excused or unexcused. Excused absences are defined in Chapter 5 of the “Classified and Administrative Personnel Handbook”; any absence not meeting the criteria shall be classified as unexcused. A doctor's statement may be required by the supervisor to validate absences due to illness. Failure to report to work without an approved excuse may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Disclaimer: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The Company may at any time, in its sole discretion, modify or vary from anything stated in this job description, with or without notice.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy: Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.