Assistant Commandant Student Worker - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Assistant Commandant Student Worker - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222810
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Asst. Commandant Student Worker. The Assistant Commandant's office is seeking a student worker for Spring semester 2021. This position is open only to current students on the Dahlonega Campus of the University of North Georgia.Responsibilities
- Assist with answering phone calls
- Assist faculty, staff, and Cadets in the office as needed
- Greet scheduled and walk-in traffic into the Assistant Commandant¿s office
- Assist with filing, maintaining excel workbooks, the Cadet merit system, Cadet leave requests, special projects and event preparation as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Must have strong verbal, written and computer literacy skills
- Great Customer Service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Flexible schedule, must be able to cover staff members during lunches and vacations.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.