Lecturer in Arabic
Job Title: Lecturer in Arabic
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222826
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages at the University of North Georgia invites applicants for a Full-time Lectureship (with benefits) in Arabic, primarily on its Dahlonega campus.Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach a wide range of undergraduate courses in Arabic language and literature, with a minimum course load of 24 credit hours per academic year.
- The ability to successfully incorporate technology at all levels of instruction is highly desirable.
- Teaching assignments may extend to other campuses.
- Earned Master's degree in Arabic Language, Arabic Linguistics, Arabic Language pedagogy, Arabic Literature, or a closely related field in hand by time of hire.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Arabic and English
- Excellent record of prior teaching experience at a U.S. institution, preferably in teaching Arabic as a foreign language
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and the enhancement of the Arabic program
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a multi-language environment; to organize cultural activities for students both in and outside of the classroom; to offer evening or on-line classes, and to coordinate or teach in intensive immersion courses and programs, including Summer Language Institutes.
- Experience with proficiency-oriented instruction.
- Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information of at least three professional references with application.