Communications Assistant (University Relations) - Federal Work Study
Job Title: Communications Assistant (University Relations) - Federal Work Study
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222709
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Communications Assistant to assist the University Relations Department on the Dahlonega campus.Responsibilities
• help promote the university both internally and externally through written content.
• write and research content for the UNG News website, newsletters, magazine, and social media.
• assist in editing content for internal and external publications.
• attend weekly Communications Office meetings.
• assist with other Communications Office assignments and activities, including photos and video, as needed.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Resume / Cover Letter and FWS Award Letter