Student Assistant (Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership) - Federal Work Study
Job Title: Student Assistant (Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership) - Federal Work Study
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222764
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Student Worker in the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership.Responsibilities
- Answer questions regarding the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
- Write and proofread documents and media, such as advertising, website information, Library Guides, etc.
- Assist with event management, including communication with facilitators, room set-up, ushering, photography, and clean-up
- Maintain event files
- Scan and archive documents in a digital filing system
- Maintain the CTLL Library lists
- Assist with data entry
- Update the Green and Purple Workshop Tracking Sheets, CTLL Outlook Calendar, CTLL Events & Workshops Calendar, Facebook Calendar, UNG Notice Board, and RSVP Spreadsheets with information about events and workshops
- Make and organize hanging files, file folders, labels, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of shared spaces and office resources
- Research topics related to CTLL work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with some guidance from CTLL staff
- Ability to pivot quickly between tasks
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage routine tasks independently
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- Resume / Cover Letter and FWS Award Letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.