Student Involvement Student Assistant - Federal Work Study
Job Title: Student Involvement Student Assistant - Federal Work Study
Location: University of North Georgia;UNG - Oconee
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222782
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Student Involvement Student Assistant. The Student Involvement Work Study Student Assistant works closely with the Director of Student Involvement and the Coordinator of Student Involvement. This position calls for a friendly and dependable student who is able to take initiative. The Student Assistant provides support in most areas of the office, helps maintain office organization, and assists students with inquiries.Responsibilities
- Answer office phone
- Process and post campus advertising
- Assist with Student Involvement events
- Keep the kitchen and supply closets clean and organized
- Perform general clerical/office duties
- Work with the UNG Connect program (will train), and create the weekly Toilet Paper newsletter
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly, takes initiative, creative
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- Resume / Cover Letter and FWS Award Letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.