Telecenter Counselor - Federal Work Study
Job Title: Telecenter Counselor - Federal Work Study
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222795
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Undergraduate Admissions Telecenter Counselor on the Gainesville campus. The TeleCenter Counselor are a vital part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as they call prospective students and students who have applied to the institution and provide high level customer service. TeleCenter Counselors act as a liason between Undergraduate Admissions and prospective students. In addition to calling students, the TeleCenter Counselor will answer emails and respond to students, assist potential students with submitting necessary documentation, entering data about calls made, light administrative duties such as making copies and shredding documents.Responsibilities
- Call prospective students and students who have applied to the institution and provide a high level of customer service.
- Act as a liaison between Undergraduate Admissions and prospective students.
- Answer emails and respond to students, assist potential students with submitting necessary documentation, entering data about calls made, light administrative duties such as making copies and shredding documents.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- Resume / Cover Letter and FWS Award Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.