Chemistry Peer Tutor - Federal Work Study
Job Title: Chemistry Peer Tutor - Federal Work Study
Location: UNG - Oconee
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222750
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Chemistry Peer Tutor. The chemistry peer tutor is responsible for tutoring students in university-level chemistry courses and assisting students, faculty, and staff with all services provided by UNG tutoring centers.Responsibilities
- Work on examples to illustrate the appropriate use of concepts
- Encourage students to use class notes and other resources to complete assignments
- Assist in the general operation of the tutoring center, including recording session notes
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Director, or Tutoring Lab Coordinator of Tutoring Services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Competency of subject matter with the ability to break down and explain component parts in a concise but clear manner.
- Must be friendly and personable; empathetic towards fellow students.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Must have experience with Microsoft software and graphing calculators.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- Currently-enrolled UNG student with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Grade of B or higher in CHEM 1211 (grade of B or higher in CHEM 1212 preferred)
- Resume / Cover Letter and FWS Award Letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.