Embedded Tutor (Psychology 3070K) - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Embedded Tutor (Psychology 3070K) - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222726
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Embedded Tuor - Institutional Student Worker. The Embedded Tutor - Psychology 3070K will partner with a PSYC 3070K professor to deliver targeted tutoring to students enrolled in the Quantitative Methods course.Responsibilities
- Attend each class and take notes that can be shared with enrolled students
- Maintain a regular working schedule at the ACTT Center Math Lab
- Provide group or individual tutoring in the classroom
- Encourage silent or quiet students to participate
- Assist students with syllabi and/or course materials
- Facilitate workshops in the classroom
- Conduct review sessions outside of class time at instructor's request
- Provide rationale/explanation for course activities and encourage students to practice Growth Mindset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Competency of subject matter with the ability to break down and explain component parts in a concise but clear manner.
- Must be friendly and personable; empathetic towards fellow students.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office software and calculators.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Currently-enrolled UNG student with at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Grade of A or B in PSYC 3070K required.
- Grade of A or B in upper-level mathematics a plus.
- Resume / Cover Letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.