Job Title: Custodian
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222646
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Custodian on the Dahlonega campus. The Custodian will perform custodial maintenance to assigned building(s) or area(s) on campus.Responsibilities
- Perform custodial maintenance duties to include sweeping, dusting, mopping and vacuuming carpets/floors.
- Clean restrooms
- Restock paper and soap supplies.
- Empty trash receptacles, bags and move trash for disposal.
- Change light bulbs as needed/directed.
- Ensure proper care in the use/maintenance of equipment and supplies; police grounds around assigned building/work site; other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of safety and environmental practices.
- Ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment; Able to operate small hand tools; Balancing; Bending Over; Carrying; Climb up and down ladder; Climb up onto and down from equipment. Crawling; Crouching; Eye/hand coordination; Grasping; Hazards such as electrical, chemical, biological; Hearing; Inside/outside environmental factors; Kneeling; Constant, medium, constant lifting; Moving; Pulling; Pushing; Reaching; Reaching Overhead; Repetitive use of hands/arms; Repetitive use of legs; Sitting; Standing; Stooping; Talking; Twisting; Walking (include distance); operate vehicles; trucks; golf carts.
- Day to day job responsibilities require cell phone for frequent response to urgent UNG business at any time of the day or night.
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Custodial experience a plus
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.