Associate Professor of Real Estate/Finance
Job Title: Associate Professor of Real Estate/Finance
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222558
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Department Information
The MCCB includes the Center for Cyber Operations Education, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the BB&T Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the B.B.A. with majors in finance, accounting, management, marketing, and information systems, the college offers undergraduate degrees in computer science, cybersecurity, and technology management, and minors that include business administration, economics and entrepreneurship. Graduate programs include the Cottrell M.B.A., Master of Accountancy, and three graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development.Job Summary
The Department of Economics and Finance at the University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an endowed position as associate professor of real estate/finance in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB). Full professors may be considered. This is a ten-month, tenure-track position. The start date is August 1, 2021. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited college of business that offers programs on five campuses in the North Georgia region, located near the largest grouping of FinTech companies in the country. The position will be located at the Gainesville campus, but teaching assignments can include other campuses. Quality teaching and student engagement is a high priority in the MCCB. Teaching assignments will include real estate finance and principles of finance courses, and may also include other upper-division courses for undergraduates and within our M.B.A program. As the holder of an endowed chair, the person selected for this position will be expected to engage extensively with the real estate community, conduct research focused on real estate and related finance issues, and work with student to prepare for professional careers in real estate.Responsibilities
- This position requires advising students, serving on committees and providing other related service to the department, MCCB, UNG, the profession, and community, maintaining a strong record of scholarship in the field of real estate and related finance topics consistent with AACSB accreditation standards, and contributing to a respectful and collegial institutional culture.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to innovative teaching, and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the interpersonal abilities to work successfully with students, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
- Ph.D. or DBA in real estate or finance with a real estate emphasis or record of scholarship in real estate, or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution is required at time of hire.
- Online teaching experience preferred.
- Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and Transcripts.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.