Graduate Assistant - Campus Recreation and Wellness
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Campus Recreation and Wellness
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222384
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant in the department of Campus Recreation and Wellness. The position of Graduate Assistant, Fitness and Wellness for the Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness is under the direct supervision of the Associate Director, Wellness & Health Promotion on the Dahlonega campus. The Graduate Assistant plans, organizes, and administers fitness and wellness programs including, but not limited to group exercise classes, personal training, and health promotion/wellness related events.This position will include a tuition waiver.Responsibilities
- Supervision of group exercise instructors and personal trainers to include hiring, training, scheduling and evaluation.
- Supervise and coordinate the personal training program. This includes marketing the program, scheduling assessments and sessions for clients and trainers, and managing payments.
- Create, manage, and assess a comprehensive schedule of fitness and wellness programs to include the implementation of semester long group exercise schedules and special fitness/wellness events.
- Promote and maintain a campus focus on well-being, utilizing the eight dimensions of wellness, by working in collaboration with the Peer Health Educators to provide quality programming to students on the UNG Dahlonega campus. Wellness programming includes, but is not limited to, alcohol and drug education, STD awareness, anxiety and stress management, sexual assault and domestic violence, physical fitness, nutrition and mental health awareness.
- Seek out partnerships within the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs to promote fitness and wellness initiatives and programs.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- ACE,AFAA/NASM, and/or ACSM personal training and/or group exercise certification required;
- Undergraduate experience in campus recreation
- CPR & First Aid preferred; Experience working with small group trainings preferred.
- Experience working within a student recreation center and managing students.
- Experience teaching and coordinating a group exercise schedule.
- Knowledge of operations of a recreational sports department.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; select, train, and supervise student employees.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required documents to attach:
- Resume / Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts