Peer Math Tutor - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Peer Math Tutor - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222526
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Peer Math Tutor. This position will tutor students in all freshman and sophomore levels of math offered by the University and assist students, faculty, and staff with all services provided by UNG tutoring centers.Responsibilities
- Tutor all freshman and sophomore levels of math.
- Demonstrate the use of calculators, both graphing and non-graphing.
- Attend classes to further knowledge in tutored subject
- Assist in the general operation of the tutoring center.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- 3.5 GPA in math courses
- A grade of A in Math 1111 and 1113.
- Must have completed Math 1450 with a grade of A or B
- Resume / Cover Letter
- Competency of subject matter with the ability to break down and explain component parts in a concise but clear manner.
- Must be friendly and personable; empathetic towards fellow students.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Must have experience with Microsoft software and graphing calculators.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.