Assistant - Associate Professor of Marketing/Logistics
Job Title: Assistant - Associate Professor of Marketing/Logistics
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222196
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Department Information
The Department of Management and Marketing is the largest department in the MCCB and includes concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Professional Sales, and Supply Chain Management in the BBA degree program. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited business school, with over 4,800 students. The College includes the Center for Cyber Operations Education, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the BB&T Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the BBA, the college offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Technology Management, and Paralegal Studies, and three associate degrees. Graduate programs include the Cottrell MBA, Master of Accountancy, and three graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development.Job Summary
The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB) at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of assistant or associate professor of marketing with a focus in logistics, tenure-track, beginning with the Fall 2021 semester.Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate logistics and marketing courses in the Department of Management and Marketing; demonstrate a commitment to innovative learning and the ability to produce relevant research, including peer-reviewed journal articles, related to her or his teaching discipline.
- A PhD or DBA in marketing or in business with primary focus areas of logistics and marketing, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, is required at time of hire.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have a record of teaching and research in the areas of logistics and marketing. Interest in teaching business analytics, particularly related to logistics, is a plus.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to engage with the logistics community to build strong relationships, engage students in activities in the industry, and otherwise work to build a leading program in logistics at UNG.
- The position may be an endowed position, depending on funding availability.
- Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Transcripts and Three Professional References
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.