Battalion Commanders, Corps of Cadet - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Battalion Commanders, Corps of Cadet - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222368
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Battalion Commanders. The Battalion Commander exercises direct command and control of their respective battalion through company commanders. The Battalion Commander ensures that his/her unit functions within acceptable Blue Book standards and parameters set by the Commandant of Cadets. The Battalion Commander is responsible to the Brigade Commander for the appearance, discipline, welfare and training of the Battalion, exercises command supervision of members of the Battalion Staff in carrying out their respective functions, and maintains weekly contact with the Assistant Commandant of Cadets and daily contact with the Brigade Commander.Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls battalion functions in a professional manner.
- Responsible for morning inspection and PT of the unit.
- Participates in weekly brigade and battalion command and staff meetings.
- Responsible for health and welfare inspections and fire drills.
- Advises the Brigade Commander and Commandant routinely on matters pertaining to the battalion.
- Always sets the example for members of the Corps.
- Conducts freshman orientation.
- In charge of Officer Professional Development in his/her battalion.
- Ensures suspenses are met in a timely manner.
- In charge of Battalion formations.
- Coordinate with Brigade Commander and Assistant Commandant before implementing Battalion policies and activities.
- Personally inspect to ensure standards are being maintained throughout the Battalion.
- Always has someone in charge during his/her absense.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corps of Cadets. Minimum GPA of 2.90.
- Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours. Must have been a Cadet NCO.
- Previous positions held in Corps of Cadets from Rifleman to Cadet Command Sargent Major (Freshman through Junior years).
- Must appear before a Selection Board to be eligible. Submit a memorandum to the selection board.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.