Graduate Assistant - Athletic Trainer (Spring 2021)
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Athletic Trainer (Spring 2021)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222179
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant - Athletic Trainer on the Dahlonega campus. The Graduate Assistant will assists with medical coverage for UNG's 13 NCAA DII athletic teams. Serves as a preceptor in the Athletic Training Education Program.Responsibilities
- Medical coverage of practices, all games, and athletic training room.
- Coordinate rehabilitation treatments for athletes.
- Maintain proper medical documentation.
- Preceptor in Athletic Training Education Program.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Associate Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's Degree from a CAATE accredited program.
- Admission into UNG Graduate School.
- BOC Certified.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Georgia State Licensed Preferred.
- Experience with clinical supervision of athletic training students preferred.
- Experience with NCAA DII regulations preferred.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.