1st Battalion Academic Officer - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: 1st Battalion Academic Officer - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222274
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a 1ST Battalion Academic Officer. 1st Battalion Academic Officer will ensure that their Academic Non-Commissioned Officers are conducting their jobs to the set standard. Make sure you understand that your main job is to assist Mrs. Prince, ANCOs and the Brigade Academic Officer for whatever has to be done regarding the Corps of Cadets' academics. Ensure that everyone is getting the help that they need whether it be through the ANCO, yourself, or the academic board located on the company hallway.Responsibilities
- Make (CPD) classes to be briefed by the Corps.
- Ensure that your ANCOs' academic bulletin board is up to date.
- Brief your 1st battalion ANCOs during their company's duty week on the Library scanner and Library CQ.
- Ensure that your Battalion's quarter roster are up to date.
- Attend all academic staff meetings and events.
- Make sure that all companies in your battalion are following PL#3, such as keeping the hallways quiet during quarters.
- Before the ANCOs turn in their counseling logs to Brigade Academic Officer, be sure to check them to see if they are done to the standards.
- Assist Mrs. Prince and the Brigade Academic Officers regarding any academic duties for the Corps of Cadets.
- Assist their respective Battalion Commander on any academic needs, enforcing the AASOP and Quarters Policy.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corp of Cadets. Minimum GPA at 3.0 or higher.
- Must live on campus.
- Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours.
- Has attended NCOA.
- Must have read and can demonstrate knowledge from the AASOP and Policy Letter #3.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.