Brigade Academic Officer - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Brigade Academic Officer - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222267
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Brigade Academic Officer. The Brigade Academic Officer for the UNG Corps of Cadets serves as a special assistance to the Brigade Commander whom he/she represents, assists, and advices on all aspects concerning academic issues and activities within the Corps of Cadets.Responsibilities
- Conduct weekly meetings with company academic NCOs.
- Maintain and update the Corps Academic Website.
- Schedule luncheons with the company advocates as instructed by the Corps Academic Coordinator.
- Must maintain a monthly log and submit it to the secretary of the Commandant of Cadets at the end of each month.
- Will plan "link up" week with faculty advocates, academic luncheons and academic meetings as required and attend them in proper uniform.
- Distribute letters for cadets and faculty as directed by the Corps Academic Coordinator.
- Attend and brief commanders at weekly command and staff calls.
- Teach the AASOP and Policy Letter #3 to the two Battalion Academic Officers and other leaders upon request.
- Meet with the Corps Academic Coordinator on a weekly basis.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corp of Cadets. Minimum GPA at 3.0 or higher.
- Must live on campus.
- Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours.
- Has attended NCOA.
- Must have read and can demonstrate knowledge from the AASOP and Policy Letter #3.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.