Brigade Command Sergeant Major - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Brigade Command Sergeant Major - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222264
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Brigade Command Sergeant Major to serve as the senior Non-commissioned officer of the Brigade. The student will assist the Brigade Commander as directed. Using the NCO channel to supplement the chain of command, distributes daily information up and down the channel through the Battalion Sergeant’s Major. Supervises all activities pertaining to Cadet NCO’s. Ensures that training is conducted properly. Responsible for the police and orderliness of dorm’s and grounds. Assists with the Brigade Commander, Brigade Staff, and Assistant Commandant and keeps them informed on all matters pertaining to Cadet NCO’s and junior members of the Corps of Cadets.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the NCO Development Program.
- NCOIC of Brigade Staff NCO's.
- Participates in morning inspections and PT of the Brigade Staff and the CORPS.
- Maintains the Brigade Staff bulletin board.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure standards are being maintained throughout the CORPS.
- Participates in weekly brigade command staff meetings.
- Forms the Corps and takes accountability at formations, parades, and drills. Prepares Brigade Absence Report.
- Responsible for the Freshman and NCO of the Month program.
- Supervises cadet appearance standards.
- Works closely with the Military Department in making Cadet NCO rank selections.
- Coordinates with the Assistant Commandant before implementing policies and activities.
- President of the NCO Club.
- Supervises barracks Maintenance NCO's if assigned.
- Ensures accuracy of ABC and TOE rosters and floorplans.
- Always sets the example for all members of the Corps.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corps of Cadets.
- Minimum GPA of 2.90. Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours.
- Must have been a Cadet NCO.
- Previous positions held in Corps of Cadets from Rifleman to Cadet Command Sargent Major (Freshman through Junior years).
- Must appear before a Selection Board to be eligible. Submit a memorandum to the selection board.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.