Corps of Cadets Academic NCO - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Corps of Cadets Academic NCO - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222271
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Academic NCO with the UNG Corps of Cadets to serve as a member of the Battalion Staff informing the Battalion Commander of issues affecting Cadets.Responsibilities
- Ensure that academic bulletin boards are up to date with current information and to the standards set by the academic bfficers.
- Attend all meetings and ensure that you are conducting your job.
- Attend the Academic Luncheon and endure that your faculty advocates are as well.
- Maintain contat with your Battalion Academic Officers and Mrs. Anita Prince, especially if you are concerned about personnel.
- Inform CO and 1 SG of any changes regarding personnel on quarters.
- Conduct meetings with personnel on quarters at least once a month and conduct follow-ups as they need to arise.
- Schedule meetings with faculty advocates and Mrs. Prince as you see fit.
- Calibrate the Library CQ at 1900 and set up the scanner.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corp of Cadets.
- Minimum GPA at 3.0 or higher.
- Must live on campus.
- Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours.
- Has attended NCOA.
- Must have read and can demonstrate knowledge from the AASOP and Policy Letter #3.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.