Battalion Sergeant Major - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Job Title: Battalion Sergeant Major - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222223
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Battalion Sergeant Major to serve as the senior non-commissioned officer of the battalion. Assists the Battalion Commander as directed. Distributes daily information through the Company First Sergeants. Supervises all activities pertaining to NCO's and riflemen. Ensures that training is conducted properly. Responsible for the maintenance, police, and orderliness of the battalion billets and grounds. Maintains daily contact with the Battalion Commander and Brigade Command Sergeant Major and daily contact with the Tactical Officer. Keeps them informed on all matters pertaining to cadet NCO's and riflemen.Responsibilities
- Conducts training as directed.
- NCOIC of Battalion Staff NCO's
- Participates in morning inspections and PT of battalion staff.
- Maintains the battalion staff bulletin board.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure standards are being maintained throughout the battalion.
- Participates in weekly battalion command and staff meetings.
- Forms the battalion and takes accountability at formations, parades, and drills. Prepares battalion status report.
- Coordinates the Freshman of the Month program with First Sergeants.
- Supervises cadet appearance standards.
- Works closely with the Military Department in making cadet NCO rank selections.
- Coordinates with the staff advisor before implementing policies and activities.
- Updaes ABC and TOE rosters and floorplans in the Assistant Commandant's Office withing 24 hours of change.
- Always sets the example for all memebers of the Corps.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corps of Cadets
- Minimum GPA of 2.90. Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours
- Must have been a Cadet NCO
- Previous positions held in Corps of Cadets from Rifleman to Cadet Command Sargent Major (Freshman through Junior years)
- Must appear before a Selection Board to be eligible. Submit a memorandum to the selection board
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter