Web Systems Coordinator
Job Title: Web Systems Coordinator
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222003
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Web Systems Coordinator in the Web Communications department on the Dahlonega campus. The Web Systems Coordinator maintains the UNG chatbot application that aims to improve student retention by answering questions connecting students with institutional resources that support their success, an initiative currently funded by a federal Title III education grant. The coordinator also serves as the liaison between the vendor and UNG stakeholders. The coordinator will work with other members of Web Communications and UNG stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of chatbot content. Using functions within the application, the coordinator will analyze usage data and report findings to the Title III grant coordinator and all other necessary departments. The coordinator will also assist with the maintenance of content in other systems, including UNG mobile app, that are managed by the Office of Web Communications.Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of chatbot application ¿ to include ensuring accuracy of content, liaising with vendor, integrating new and missing content, answering user questions, and expanding scope of chatbot as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of various web systems.
- Analyze and report usage and data findings of the chatbot application to necessary stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least one year of experience working in the administrative side of software packages and/or with content management system.
Minimum Salary: $19.72 / hrKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team and be a self-starter is required. The applicant should feel comfortable learning new software products and discovering how to get the most out of them.
- Applicant should have a good working knowledge of MS Office products; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and be able to write in a conversational, but professional style. Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
- Requires strong writing and research skills, including writing with clarity and concision, strong oral communication skills, including the ability to understand and visualize complex interactions of data and explain simply to others. Also, excellent customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and a high level of attention to detail are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build upon, grow, and enforce a unique writing and tone style guide. Multi-tasking, managing workload, and meeting deadlines are essential in this position.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter