Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Spring 2021)
Job Title: Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Spring 2021)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222044
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a federal work study student in the Library department on the Dahlonega campus.Responsibilities
- Assists students, faculty, staff, and community patrons in person, chat, or by telephone.
- Staffs public service desk.
- Provides check-in and check-out of library material and basic information about library and university services.
- Participates in collection maintenance work and projects including shelving, shelf-reading, shelf cleaning, shifting, and inventories.
- Assists with opening, closing, and monitoring the safety and security of library users, library property and facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Basic Computer Skills (MS Office Suite, etc.)
- Ability to Multi-Task
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter
- FWS Award Letter