Recreation Center Staff - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Job Title: Recreation Center Staff - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221963
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Recreation Center Staff - Institutional Student Worker on the Dahlonega campus. Student employees are to establish a welcoming environment within the Rec Center via customer service skills. Employees are to oversee daily operations while assisting patrons with needs such as equipment assistance or rental. Campus Recreation and Wellness offers a healthy, friendly work atmosphere and is able to accommodate student schedules.Responsibilities
- Enforce all policies and procedures.
- Respond to emergencies in a tactful manner.
- Maintain and clean all fitness equipment.
- Check out gym equipment.
- Provide basic information about machine use and necessary adjustments.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Required to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED training through American Red Cross within 1 month of employment.
- Preference given to applicants with experience in previous areas directly related to health, fitness, and recreation.
- Interest in the field of health and fitness.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter