Part Time Internal Award Associate
Job Title: Part Time Internal Award Associate
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221836
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Internal Award Associate. The Part Time Internal Award Associate will be the primary buyer for internal funded awards, Presidential Awards, LEAP, etc.Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal, USG, and UNG regulations for procurement of internal awards.
- Safeguard the assets of the institution from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Track status of orders.
- Coordinate with faculty and staff to utilize award funds.
- Maintain purchasing records.
- Input of purchase requisitions, check request, and purchasing card.
- Ensure the Competitive Procurement Procedure is utilized.
- Coordinate travel and assist with travel expense statements.
- Work with IT to ensure proper procurement procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Accounting and procurement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Budget, Reconciliation, Procurement, and Administrative duties.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter