2021-2022 Resident Assistant (RA) - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: 2021-2022 Resident Assistant (RA) - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221807
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for the position of Resident Assistant. The role of a Resident Assistant (RA) is that of a live-on liaison between the Student Affairs Staff and UNG residents. The Resident Assistant's primary function are to assist Residence Life in creating a positive residential environment for their residents. RAs must also demonstrate a commitment to the goals of the Residence Life Program as well as an adherence to UNG Policy.
Information Session Attendance (Required to attend one of the following sessions):
Wednesday Nov. 11, 2020 @ 7:00 PM Zoom
Tuesday Nov. 17, 2020 @ 12:00 PM Zoom
Thursday Jan. 14, 2021 @ 12:00 PM Zoom
Wednesday Jan. 20, 2021 @ 7:00 PM Zoom
Wednesday Jan. 27, 2021 @ 12:00 PM Zoom
Wednesday Jan. 27, 2021 @ 7:00 PM Zoom
Application Deadline: Wednesday January 27, 2021 by 11:59 pm
Reference Deadline: Friday January 29, 2021 by 11:59 pm
Phase 1 Interviews (Required): Friday, February 5, 2021 at various times.
Phase 2 Interview (Required and by invitation only): Saturday, February 6-7, 2021 at various times.
- Offer peer assistance and directions to residents.
- Provide opportunities to continue learning outside of the classroom.
- Enforce community standards and residence life policies.
- Report maintenance and safety issues to the proper departments.
- Sitting desk duty inside a residence hall.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- At least one (1) semester living inside a residence hall.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Experience with event planning and working with budgets is preferred.
- Must attend at least one (1) New RA Interest Session, (if invited) attend Group Process & (if invited) be available for an Individual Interview during New RA Process Weekend.
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while being in good standing with the University of North Georgia (financial, judicial and/or academic).
- Must complete a housing contract and assume all financial/legal obligations related to the contract.
RAs must possess several attributes that will allow them to carry out these duties properly and effectively:
- Leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
- Time Management
- Good Judgment
- Computer Skills
- Teamwork Skills
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
All candidates will need to have two references fill out and submit reference forms using the Google form found along the right hand column on the UNG Residence Life webpage ( https://ung.edu/residence-life/resident-assistants/index.php ). At least one of these references should be a UNG faculty or staff member. Residence Life Staff CANNOT serve as a reference.
All candidates will also need to complete the supplemental questions found at the following link: http://cglink.me/s39209
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter