Part-Time Clinical Faculty-Graduate-Nursing
Job Title: Part-Time Clinical Faculty-Graduate-Nursing
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221864
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia, Department of Nursing is currently searching for part-time faculty members for the Family Nurse Practitioner program. This position is renewable. Part-time clinical faculty members are used as needed on a semester-by-semester basis.Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include clinical observation and evaluation of graduate FNP nursing students in both outpatient primary care and simulation settings. The clinical agencies are typically located in the north Georgia, the metro Atlanta and surrounding counties.
- Responsibilities also include teaching and evaluation of graduate nursing students in the clinical setting, agency, and simulation setting. Faculty will be required to attend meetings as warranted, grade associated clinical assignments and complete student evaluations.
- M.S. in Nursing is required.
- National certification and licensed in the State of Georgia Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- At least one (1) year experience as a nurse practitioner.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.