IT Student Technician - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Job Title: IT Student Technician - Institutional Student Worker (Spring 2021)
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221786
The University of North Georgia IT department is accepting applications for a student worker on the Gainesville campus. Front desk duties including ticket entries, customer service, customer computer check-ins, replenishing front desk supplies, etc. Student workers will provide Tier 1 support to classroom computers and audio/video equipment.Responsibilities
- Tier 1 phone, walk-in, and classroom critical support.
- Reinstalling Windows, running software updates, as well as installing software and recovering license keys.
- Diagnose hardware issues on computers.
- Maintain student computer labs and printers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Enrollment in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems program preferred.
- Customer service support
- Ticket entry
- Understanding of basic computer use and troubleshooting
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter