Company Commander - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020/Spring 2021)
Job Title: Company Commander - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020/Spring 2021)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221673
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Company Commander Institutional Student Worker on the Dahlonega campus. The Company Commander will exercise direct command and control of his/her company through platoon leaders. Ensures that his unit functions are within acceptable Blue Book standards and parameters set up by the Commandant of Cadets. Responsible to the Battalion Commander for appearance, discipline, welfare, and training of his company. Exercises command supervision of all members of the company staff in carrying out their functions. Maintains daily contact with the Tactical Officer and Battalion Commander and weekly contact with the Assistant Commandant of Cadets and the Company Advisor.Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls company functions in a professional manner.
- Responsible for morning inspection and PT of his unit.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure that standards are being maintained throughout the company.
- Ensures that suspenses are met in a timely manner.
- Conducts routine meetings with company cadre to pass information and instructions. Discusses problems and listens to cadre input. Takes corrective action on problems.
- Conducts weekly briefing with cadets and ensures they are informed on standards and activities.
- Ensures cadets on tours, room arrest, and campus restriction are observing correct procedures.
- Counsels and develops subordinates. Uses the chain of command. Ensures cadre know their jobs and are doing
- them correctly.
- Ensures Quarters is conducted properly. Emphasizes academic achievement.
- Develops and conducts a stressful and challenging PT program. Runs at least 2 miles once a week.
- Is present at all company activities including intramural sports, parties, and formations.
- Uses innovative ideas to maintain good morale. Exhibits genuine concern for the welfare of the cadets.
- Appoints a company duty officer or NCO in the barracks to act in the Commander's absence.
- Advises the Battalion Commander and Assistant Commandant routinely on matters pertaining to his unit.
- Always sets an example for members of the Corps of Cadets.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must be an active member of the UNG Corps of Cadets.
- Minimum GPA of 2.90. Earned a minimum of 90 credit hours. Must have been a Cadet NCO or officer.
- Previous positions held in Corps of Cadets from Rifleman to Cadet Command Sargent Major (Freshman through
- Junior years).
- Must appear before a Selection Board to be eligible. Submit a memorandum to the selection board.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter