Hoag Student Center Building Manager - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Hoag Student Center Building Manager - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222333
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Hoag Student Center Building Manager in the Office of Student Involvement assists with day to day operations within the office and manages the Hoag Student Center during nightly hours. This position is often the first point of contact for patrons of the office and supports student organization and/or departmental events occuring in the evening and during weekends. Students must be available for shifts on weeknights from 5pm-10pm, Saturdays from 10am-6pm, and Sundays from 3pm-10pm.Responsibilities
- Provide clerical support for staff members in the Office of Student Involvement.
- Point of contact for evenin hours for the Student Center; manages reservations and event needs durin these times; ensures all rooms and building are secured at closing.
- Helps enter student organization meeting and event reservations through UNG Connect and the Event Management System.
- Assists with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, providing support in other functional areas as needed and assisting with office or building events.
- Uniforms required.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Knowledge of personal computers and office software, office machines, and office practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of the concept of confidentiality and ability to apply this concept within and outside the workplace and the ability to meet officials, students, and visitors pleasantly and courteously.
- Ability to coordinate multiple parties' needs and schedules.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.