Part Time Temporary Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant
Job Title: Part Time Temporary Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222778
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Temporary Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant. This position is for the Office of the Commandant on the Dahlonega Campus. The NP/PA will practice under the primary direction of the Commandant of Cadets and clinically supervised by the University Physician according to mutually agreeable written protocols and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner Act and rules and regulations established by the State of Georgia or the PA job description set forth by the Georgia Composite Medical Board. The NP/PA has the opportunity to provide quality care and treatment specifically for cadets in the UNG Corps of Cadets and with minor injuries and illnesses as well as consultations, physical exams and procedures. Position will assist Student Health Services with quality care and treatment of civilian students when required. Facilitates referrals of those cadets and students whose illnesses or injuries are beyond the capability of the Student Health Services.Responsibilities
- During Cadet Sick Calls, this position will obtain health history and explore chief complaint; perform physical examinations and/or procedures indicated by the complaints, record pertinent data on patient's chart consisting of subjective and objective findings, assessment and impression along with plan of care; deliver medications as needed to patients indicated by treatment plan. Order appropriate laboratory procedures as indicated by the nature of the complaint. Review findings and appraises patient. Cadet Sick Calls conducted five days/week between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (subject to change based on cadet needs).
- Maintains all paperwork associated with cadet sick calls; updates profiles of cadets, ensures medical charts are reflected accurately.
- Supervises and mentors cadet medics; coordinates/provides education/training to cadet medics; orders/coordinates medical supplies for Corps of Cadets.
- When required by Student Health Services, provides support to civilian students.
- Consults physician as indicated. Provides referrals to appropriate physicians, specialist, dentist, or other health care providers for consultation as needed.
- Provides patient education as indicated by nature of complaints or illness. Formulates and prepares health education handouts. Provides health information to cadets, students, staff, and parents.
- Follows student health services and commandant policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilites
- Knowledgeable of current medical treatment practices and trends related to cadet and student health.
- Ability and skill in diagnosis and treatment of cadets and students with illness and/or injuries.
- Network with area medical specialist and facilities to enhance referrals when needed.
- Computer skills
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant credentials from an accredited institution.
- Current NP or PA license in the State of Georgia.
- Minimum of five years experience in family practice/urgent care preferred; new graduates will be considered.
- Military setting experience preferred.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.