Undergraduate Research Assistant - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Undergraduate Research Assistant - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223049
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Undergraduate Research Assistant. The student will work with a Computer Science faculty performing research in the area of Machine Learning and High Performance Computing.Responsibilities
- Work on the project: Software development and optimization for real-time hyperspectral image segmentation.
- Learn mathematical and computational tools.
- Perform computer experiments, write code, save results on shared documents, write reports and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- The student should be preferably sophomore or junior Computer Science major, who already took Calculus I, Statistics, and Computer Science I and II.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- The student should be disciplined and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- The student should demonstrate willingness to learn and interest in performing research.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.