Assistant Professor Social Foundations and Leadership Education
Job Title: Assistant Professor Social Foundations and Leadership Education
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222851
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia's College of Education is seeking applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Social Foundations and Leadership Education Department.Responsibilities
- This position will teach courses, supervise, and mentor in the Educational Leadership program, designed for K-12 teachers and administrators.
- The faculty member will need a flexible schedule to teach courses as needed and coordinate meetings with the students and their mentor supervisors in varied school locations.
- The faculty member will attend scheduled meetings and /or trainings with university departments, students and faculty, school districts, mentor teachers, and administration. Additionally, participation in state meetings and organizations will be required as needed for accreditation and program approval.
- Successful applicants should be able to be objective in the evaluation and grading of students and foster our candidates' confidence and efficacy in school/higher education leadership.
- Doctorate in education or philosophy is required
- Experience in K-12 school leadership is required.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who possesses online teaching experience and the requisite education and experience in educational leadership.
- Georgia teaching certificate preferred but not required.
- Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.