Group Exercise Instructor - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Group Exercise Instructor - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223093
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
University of North Georgia Campus Recreation and Wellness is seeking knowledgeable, energetic students interested in promoting fitness on campus for the position of Personal Trainer. Rec Sports offers a healthy and friendly work environment that is able to accommodate student schedules.Responsibilities
- Provide group workouts to varying age and skill range, for participants in small and large group settings.
- Respond to emergencies following the Rec Sports Emergency Action Plan.
- Required to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED training through American Red Cross within one month of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to teach at a variety of times in conjunction with the Rec Center schedule.
- Hold an interest in the field of health and fitness.
- A passion to help others in their health and fitness journey, and ability to relate students and staff.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Willing to coach for advancement of skills and instructing.
- Current nationally recognized Group Exercise or Specialty Certification. Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification or able to obtain within the first month of employment.
- Previous fitness instruction or gym-related experience is preferred.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.