Language Lab Assistant - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Language Lab Assistant - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Oconee
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223071
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Language Lab Assistant. The Language Lab Assistant, under the supervision of the FL Lab Coordinator, is tasked with facilitating workshops and completing assessments and feedback on student lab activities for all 1001/1002 students in Spanish. Language Lab Assistants are also available for Spanish tutoring. They assist students with the use of technology in the lab, with projects assigned by the professor and with tutoring and speaking practice as requested. Language Lab Assistants also complete administrative/clerical tasks to ensure the lab runs smoothly as directed by the FL Lab Coordinator.Responsibilities
- Assessments of student lab assignment submissions
- Assisting students with language and technology questions relative to lab assignments
- Provide extra help and tutoring, maintain a clean and welcoming environment, special projects/tasks as requested by faculty or the FL Lab Coordinator.
- Complete administrative/clerical tasks to ensure the lab runs smoothly as directed by the FL Lab Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to stay calm and friendly in stressful, busy situations, deliver excellent customer service
- Willing to learn new software apps in order to help students complete assignments
- Must have a clear understanding of basic Spanish grammar and pronunciation and be able to clearly explain those concepts to others.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Students who wish to be tutoring assistants must have completed SPAN 2001 or have at least that level of proficiency as determined in the in-person interview.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.