Limited Term Editor
Job Title: Limited Term Editor
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222874
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term Editor on the Dahlonega campus. The University Press department is looking for a Limited Term editor to help the director, managing editor, and assistant managing editor with the general editorial tasks, including research, editing, correspondence, layout and design, manifold conversion, and the like.Responsibilities
- Industry Research keeping up with publishing trends, technologies, authors, etc.
- Locating Peer Reviewers identifying, communicating with, and/or securing services of subject matter experts, etc.
- Preparing and delivering content, like managing multiple editorial stages of all manuscripts, tracking author/editor input, communicating expectations with revision and delivery, etc.
- Communicating with authors, peer reviewers, customers, editors, etc., on queries, submissions, updates, agreement milestones, events, etc.
- Proofreading completed manuscripts to make them print ready
- Editing (line- and copyediting) manuscripts to prepare them for production
- Layout and Design: Word Manifold Conversions of open textbooks
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilites
- Ability to use the Review function in Word; ability to work remotely.
- Professional knowledge of standard English grammar and syntax.
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style editing standards required.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferably 6-12 months or more working in a publishing environment
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.