Undergraduate Admissions Student Telecenter - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Undergraduate Admissions Student Telecenter - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223144
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The TeleCenter is an office on the Dahlonega campus where current students call prospective students with the objective to recruit and inform them about the University of North Georgia. As a TeleCenter employee you will be calling prospective students with a specific purpose and asking them for a call to action.Responsibilities
- Counseling prospective Cadet students and parents via telephone on a variety of topics.
- Assisting with in office tasks.
- Reminding students via email and telephone about Cadet tours, missing documents, scholarship opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Critical Thinker
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Resident Assistants cannot be considered for this position.
- If hired, you must be able to work 5pm to 8pm two nights a week every week (from MTWR) during Fall & Spring semesters (excluding holidays).- be mindful of your schedule and availability.
- Freshmen, Sophomore, and Junior Cadets are preferred.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.