DETI Student Intervention Assistant
Job Title: DETI Student Intervention Assistant
Location: University of North Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223129
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a DETI Student Intervention Assistant. The DETI Student Intervention Assistant is responsible for providing outreach and resources to students who may need help with the online learning format, navigating [email protected] (D2L), and other concerns.Responsibilities
- Contact students via phone and email.
- Explain instructor concerns regarding academic success.
- Provide resources or refer to other UNG departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Experience with [email protected] (D2L)
- Experience with online courses preferred.
- Cover Letter
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Courteous, supportive, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work on a team or individually with minimal supervision.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.