ECRH Nurse Administrator
Job Title: ECRH Nurse Administrator
Location: Aug Univ CON-ECRH Partnership
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222957
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with a minimum of two years' of related clinical and/or management experience is required OR Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with four years' of related clinical and/or management experience Must have active Georgia Licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing and current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certificationKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to problem-solve in an unpredictable environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in psychiatric nursing
- Knowledge of nursing/management theory and practice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Skills in evaluation, decision-making, prioritizing, delegation, and time-management
Active Georgia Licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing and current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certification
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing certifiation
- Nursing experience in a developmental disabilities setting
Responsibilities Under general supervision of the Nurse Executive, the Nurse Administrator will design staffing plans and manage the personnel resources for the department. They will act as the clinical nurse expert for the interdisciplinary treatment team, and assures nursing contributions to all levels of treatment team activities. He/she will be responsible for interdepartmental communication and problem solving to assure smooth functioning of the department. He/she will be responsible for compliance with all federal state and regulatory requirements. He/she will communicate with both internal and external professionals regarding patient disposition. They will take the leadership role in assuring a supportive environment for student learning. He/she will promote professional development of self and staff. He/she will be a member of the Nurse Executive team and is assigned responsibility for the provision of quality patient care for individuals admitted to the nursing unit. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assumes overall responsibility for the nursing services of the assigned clinical unit. Assures provision of quality patient care services. Assures compliance with all policies and procedures. Promotes interprofessional collaboration and communication in assuring client centered care. Articulates and supports nursing role as member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. Assures and maintains standards of care that are current and reflective of nationally agreed guidelines.
- Designs staffing plans, schedules and assures provision of adequate levels of staff to meet identified needs. Recruits, interrviews, and selects candidates for all nursing service positions. Assures fair and reasonable enforcement of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Utilizes systematic processes for monitoring, guiding and evaluating competencies and performance of staff. Promotes professional growth and development of all levels of staff supervised. Coaches staff for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Supports career development for all levels of staff.
- Ensures a culture of safety through interpretation implement and monitoring of safety practices. Participates on hospital wide and unit continuous quality performance initiatives. Assures staff awareness of safety issues to ensure a culture of safety.
- Assures the selection provision and control of material resources. Establishing procedures to assure proper use and prevent misuse of equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field through membership in professional organizations, attending related seminars and conferences. Applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of all responsibilities.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary This position is supported by grant funds.
Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 23 Competitive salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate. Recruitment Period: 1/11/2021 - until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University