Administrative Asst II
Administrative Assistant II – 50% - COSE Advising OfficeUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Administrative Asst IILocation:
Science & Engr Academic Advising CenterRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$1,021 - $1,437.69Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Experience using PC computers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (must address all software)
• Demonstrated ability to use standard office equipment including fax, copier, and printer.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of business and phone etiquette
• Demonstrated ability for clear and concise verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a demanding business environment.
• Demonstrated ability for attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Experience working as an administrative assistant in a business or professional office.
• Experience working as an administrative assistant at Texas State University.
• Experience using SARS Grid calendar software.
• Experience using the Banner Student Information system.
• Experience using the Banner Document Management System.
• Experience using SAP business software for time entry, expenditures, and budget reconciliation.
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the College of Science and Engineering Advising Center.Job Duties:
• Prepare, file, and maintain multiple types of documents using the Banner Document Management System.
• Greet visitors, answer phone and schedule appointments using a multi-line phone system and multi-user calendar software.
• Assist students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors by answering questions and/ or referring to specific campus offices or departments.
• Provide College of Science and Engineering and Texas State University information to students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors.
• Assist Supervisor and full-time Administrative Assistant II to hire, train, and supervise student workers and Graduate Assistant.
• Assist with new student orientation, graduation, probation, suspension, and other office processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
To be considered, applicant must upload with this application the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. Completed “Administrative Assistant II – COSE – Qualifications Chart" which is located at: https://txst-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/bh32_txstate_edu/ER4TydF3skpGlDcqDJMqE98BzjOnRu-DTwYvvM-6SiyZ3A?e=qTHDxW&CID=7D0C59EB-74E0-4DC6-A4FB-6E7F3679BCA7
01/11/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
01/22/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
Negotiable (hours must be between 8 am – 5 pm)Normal Work Hours End:
Negotiable (hours must be between 8 am – 5 pm)Posting Notices:
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and chart to your application.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.