ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT CENTER
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT CENTER
Posting Number: SRGV4841
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Academic Advising Center
Scope of Job:
Provide leadership for and day to day management of academic advising initiatives and activities designed for undergraduate students.
Description of Duties:
• Manages day-to-day functions of the Academic Advising Center.
• Acts on behalf of the department lead in his/her absence.
• Assists the department lead with the development, implementation and monitoring of departmental goals, policies and procedures.
• Meets regularly with campus partners to review student success data, identify trends in roadblocks to student success, and design appropriate outreach, interventions, and/or policy and procedural changes.
• Conducts research, implementation and evaluation, as appropriate, for the design, development and coordination of the department’s goals, responsibilities and initiatives.
• Supervises and evaluates a assigned staff.
• Assists the department lead in the design, implementation and assessment of professional development and training for all undergraduate academic advisors, as well as campus partners.
• Functions as a resource for academic advisors regarding university policies and procedures relating to degree and program requirements, including, but not limited to, grading policies, withdrawals, program requirements, course substitutions, graduation assessments, and transfer articulation processes.
• May provide advising to students as needed.
• Provides technical advice, problem-solving assistance, and answers to questions related to the department’s responsibilities and goals.
• Completes assigned reports related to academic advising initiatives.
• Monitors budget expenditures to ensure compliance.
• Participates in training programs and professional development workshops and conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Director.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Counseling and Guidance, Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Higher Education, Student Development, or related field from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years of progressive work experience in student advisement and/or career-oriented office in higher education setting, including experience leading projects and/or teams, or
• Four (4) years of the requires work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
More than the required experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment: some travel and weekend/evening work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Ability to successfully collaborate with faculty, administrators within higher education (i.e. college deans, department chairs, and other administrators, etc.) and professional staff. Strong written/verbal communication, collaboration and presentation skills. Ability to apply current University academic policies and procedures, current academic advisement practices, student academic monitoring and retention efforts. Ability to identify specific student needs and to refer students effectively to available resources. Able to read and interpret state guidelines
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/11/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27056
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency