MATERIALS HANDLING TECHNICIAN
MATERIALS HANDLING TECHNICIAN
Posting Number: SRGV4837
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
Responsible for maintaining records of packages arriving and delivery to the University. To provide responsible clerical assistance within the Central Receiving office. To receive, store, and deliver materials and equipment to all departments of the University in order to meet the needs and requirements of staff, faculty, and students.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for the delivery and verifications of supplies and materials to various departments of the University.
• Unloads and/or assists in unloading materials and equipment from freight trucks.
• Logs all packages into the package tracking software.
• Organizes and maintains records on tracking software system
• Completes purchase orders as needed.
• Orders supplies and arranges for repair of equipment.
• Responsible for obtaining shipping quotes and arranging shipments with freightliners
• Provides a high level of customer service regarding phone/email inquiries.
• Performs a combination of daily tasks associated with the shipping and receiving, and surplus process.
• Receives inventory into surplus, and assists in the preparation of periodic auctions of surplus equipment.
• Maintains a clean, neat, organized, and orderly warehouse and office environment that is highly professional at all times in accordance to all UTRGV, state, and federal guidelines.
• May occasionally work outside of regular assigned work schedule as necessary, including night, weekends, and holidays.
• Performs other duties as assigned to complete the department’s task and goals.
Direct supervision from assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Forklift certification or the ability to obtain within six months of hire. Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six weeks of hire.
Two (2) year related work experience.
Use of standard office equipment. Knowledge of the University’s purchasing and shipping software or related software.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Frequent exposure to varied environmental conditions such as extreme temperatures, lighting, dust, ventilation, non-air conditioned work area. Some travel and weekend work is required.
Requires considerable amount of stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying of heavy objects to perform duties. Requires moving, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of boxes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds when working alone and 100 pounds with help. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/08/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27047
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency