Assistant Director, Clinical Administration
Assistant Director, Clinical Administration
Target Hire Date
01/19/2021 - 11 days to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Assistant Director, supports the process and procedures that facilitate the daily operations of the counseling services unit. Coordinates outreach programming for counseling unit, including coordination with academic and staff units. The Assistant Director provides psychological evaluation, short-term psychotherapy, crisis intervention, case management, and outreach to the student body. Additionally, the Assistant Director consults as needed with other departments on campus regarding psychological emergencies and mental health issues.
Report To: Associate Director, Counseling Services
Direct Staff Reports: 0
Student Workers this position supports: 0
Is this position ‘Essential' and be needed for emergencies or to work when the College is closed?
Yes, can provide emergency response remotely.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Oversee scheduling and monitor conflicts day to day, including management of clinician absences and clinical coordinator support
- Monitor liability insurance and licensing for staff.
- Serve as back up to clinical coordinator as needed.
- Maintain CITL certification to participate in IRB approved programs, including MGH research study.
- Coordinate group programs
- Organize clinical schedule
- Coordinate technical support & record management for the unit &
- Coordinate crises management plan with emergency response team
- Provide outreach and programming offerings to the campus community, including training of resident assistants, crisis debriefings, and workshops.
- Communicate regularly with center staff on clinical and administrative matters and enhance departmental collaboration and quality of care provided to students by attending scheduled staff and clinical team meetings, case conferences and individual supervision as assigned
- Provide emergency daytime coverage for students in acute crisis, triage needs, arrange outside administrative, transport and medical/hospital intervention as needed; consult with involved professionals, college staff, and family or friends when indicated; follow all ethical, legal, and clinical standards of confidentiality.
- Participate in on-call rotation, responding to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Participate in external professional associations to maintain and extend clinical knowledge and expertise and to develop and deepen referral networks for students requiring specialized services off-campus; sustain and deepen knowledge base of best current practices in psychology and college mental health with regular educational activities and conference attendance.
- Maintain appropriate clinical records by writing on-going case notes, intake and termination summaries in accordance with Massachusetts state laws.
- Function as an integral part of the leadership team at ECAPS, and provide input on policies, procedures, and daily operations of the Center. Assume administrative and clinical leadership in the absence of the Director.
- Doctorate or master's degree in counseling or clinical psychology, social work or marriage and family therapy. Licensed or license eligible in Massachusetts. Advanced clinical and theoretical knowledge of psychotherapy, assessment of severe psychopathology, crisis intervention, administrative and supervisory experience. Knowledgeable of psychological trends on college campuses and legal issues related to providing direction in a college counseling center; ability to effectively work with students from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences; a commitment to diversity and team building; excellent interpersonal skills.
- 3-5 years of clinical supervisory and administrative responsibilities in a college or university counseling center; 4-8 years of direct clinical experience with college-aged students; experience working with people from diverse cultures.
- Usual office conditions
- Infrequent lifting, not more than 10lbs
Please Note: An internal candidate has been identified. However, all applications will be reviewed and the posting will be up for five days.
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $67,666.00 - $70,932.00
11 month position paid over 12 months
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Assistant-Director--Clinical-Administration_JR002403
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency