Salary: $67,164.00 - $90,024.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 5916-c-1/21
Closing: 1/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Technology Services
Under the direction of the Manager, Infrastructure & Security, plans, prioritizes and oversees a District-wide voice, video and WAN telecommunications network; develops and directs telecommunication services; installs, manages, upgrades, and repairs network/telecommunications hardware and software; plans, organizes, and monitors network and telecommunication operations.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Network Analyst include:
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- Indoor shop environment
- Outdoors field sites
- Flexible work schedule
- Contact with students, staff, supervisors, and the public.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform assigned duties
- Ability to communicate clearly to provide information over the telephone and in person.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to see to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions, bend and walk.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Computer programming principles, techniques and procedures for both administrative, business and academic applications
- Analog and digital electronic theory and practices
- Network operating systems, protocols, microcomputer operating systems and related applications and utilities.
- Bridges/routers, Gateways, DSU/CSU, Switches, Firewalls, VPNs, Wireless devices, load balancers, and cloud services
- Fiber Optic and copper cabling design, installation, maintenance and repair
- PC hardware
- Systems analysis and design procedures and techniques.
- Theory and operation of telecommunications cabling and termination
- Phone call routing; switch configuration
- Network monitoring software and procedures
- Network hardware and related equipment.
- Software licensing issues
- Record-keeping techniques
- Basic research methods
- Applicable electrical and safety codes, rules and regulations
- Methods and procedures for storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Testing equipment and power and hand tools operations
- Voice systems design, maintenance and repair
- Electronics and electrical circuits
- Job planning, prioritizing and scheduling techniques
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Analyzing networking systems and problems and developing new or modified solutions to meet changing conditions.
- Design, test, maintain and upgrade a variety of network systems.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and debugging network systems as required.
- Learn new concepts quickly and think intuitively.
- Provide technical analysis of new systems, upgrades of both hardware and software.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain information, resolve problems, arrange and conduct demonstrations and evaluations of products.
- Learn, apply, and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the operation of the assigned area.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and schedule work.
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Install and wire telephones and related equipment.
- Wire connections using various wiring schemes.
- Read and interpret electronic and electrical schematics.
- Install and terminate all grades of Network cabling.
- Install and terminate fiber optic cable-both single and multimode.
- Provide quality workmanship.
- Understand and work within the scope of authority
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
Recruitment Analyst: Norma Chavez [email protected]
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2950160/network-analyst
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency