Operations Manager of Public Safety
The Manager of Public Safety Operations will work closely with the Director of Public Safety to ensure that the department adepts at developing and articulating strategies for strengthening the department and achieving goals set by the Director. The Manager must be able to multitask, work independently, and remain calm under pressure.
Supervising, training, and scheduling dispatchers is one of the main functions of this position and to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly at the Communication Center and to contact the proper personnel to expedite the quick response to repair the equipment promptly. Conducting training sessions with all dispatchers to ensure the high level of expertise required by this position to provide safe, professional service to the Lafayette College community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, train, and schedule dispatchers. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Ensure APCO certification completed by all dispatchers.
- Maintain Clery compliance files and assist with the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
- Assist with training Campus Security Authorities.
- Support EHS, Dispatch/Ops, Police/Security, Parking and Transportation
- Review dispatcher’s daily Blotter Log entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct training with dispatchers on the proper operation of the below equipment.
- Polycom phone system
- CCTV – Avigilon software
- Johnson Controls TrueSite System (Fire, Burglary, Supervisory, Trouble)
- Electronic Access; Salto Equipment
- Eventide NexLog Voice Recorder
- Whelen Siren
- Tu-Way radio
- Police scanner
- Maintain the above-listed equipment at the Communication Center to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly. When repairs are necessary, contacting the proper personnel to expedite the quick response for service to repair the equipment promptly.
- Act as back up dispatcher at the Communication Center during emergency conditions.
- Maintains Standard Operations Manuals:
- Dispatch Manual
- Johnson Controls TrueSite Manual
- Electronic Access Manual/Salto Access Manual
- Facilities Operations Manual
- Lafayette College Properties
- Assist Lieutenant/Chief of Police with updating written SOP Part I, Part II
- Assist with all newly hired employees of the department by processing paperwork; issuing Standard Operations Manuals; order keys/fobs, etc.
- Working closely with Scheduling and Access Control to ensure opening and closing of facilities.
- Ordering third party security personnel for Special Events.
- Maintains Emergency Contact Phone Numbers/Property Lists.
- Oversee Banner Budget working closely with the Director.
- Responsible for staff payroll (bi-weekly) and tracking employee’s available PEA leave balances.
- Assist with scheduling of posted officer shifts.
- Order of new equipment, training materials, dispatch uniforms, and supplies.
- Process Purchase Orders and monthly P-Card statements.
- Manage Leopard Alerts (Omnilert Emergency Alert System).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred 5-10 years’ experience working in a Public Safety agency
- Clery compliance/training preferred.
- APCO Public Safety Telecommunication I preferred.
- APCO Active Shooter preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Qualtrics, Avigilon, and Banner.
- Detailed oriented and attention to accuracy essential.
- Confidentiality is critical.
- Must be reliable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented to support the needs of students, parents, faculty, staff, outside agencies, and College Hill residents.
- Strong technical and organizational skills and the ability to initiate and monitor projects with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast passed environment.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely during both telephone and radio communications.
- Ability to deal with the public in a polite and tactful manner.
- Ability to maintain composure during emergency situations.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications and the names of two professional references via interfolio.
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex); the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of disability); Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin); and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin); and other applicable laws and College policies.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. The College seeks to promote diversity in its many manifestations. These include but are not limited to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and place of origin.