Senior Research Project Manager
Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)Department:
Renaissance Computing Inst-637100Working Title:
Senior Research Project ManagerAppointment Type:
EHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting Category:
Research ProfessionalsSalary Range:
Dependent on qualifications and experienceFull Time/Part Time?:
Full-Time PermanentHours per Week:
01001593Posting Open Date:
01/14/2021Open Until Filled:
NoProposed Start Date:
The Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) is a living laboratory that creates cyberinfrastructure for the benefit of science, business and society.
What makes us so renaissance? Our work isn’t just about solving known problems. It’s about unlocking human potential.
- We accelerate research. We help overcome barriers to make research faster, stronger and more creative.
- We advance the state-of-the-art. Not just in what machines can do, but what people can do with machines.
- We transcend boundaries. We foster inclusivity, promote diversity and collaborate across disciplines to enhance science, engineering, art, the humanities and commerce.
A research institute of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, RENCI links people, data and resources across the UNC system, Duke University, Research Triangle Park and the State of North Carolina.
The Renaissance Computing Institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is seeking a Senior Research Project Manager to report to its Project Management Office. This position will provide project management to Data Science and Engagement Projects. This position is expected to interact with representatives of federal agencies, universities, government, and industry partners. This position will provide oversight for Data Science-related proposals development, project management support for engagement with both campus and external partners in the endeavors including but not limited to programs development and workshops organization. This position will manage day to day business operations, supervise project resources, and work closely with the Office of the Director members in supporting RENCI’s educational and campus outreach mission as well as assists in report generation as needed. In addition, this position will assume supervisory duties for 3-5 members of the PMO, as well as contribute to the group management, including staff deployment, processes creation, and implementation, record keeping, and contributing to the strategic development of the team.Educational Requirements:
Post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating comparable project management or funded research experience, will accept an undergraduate degree or 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution.Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multi-faceted and specialized projects, programs, and events, including an ability to analyze, report, and recommend risk mitigation measures.
- Ability to have a clear understanding of the technical aspects of projects to assist in project management activities.
- Ability to understand the internal workings of the department in relation to the external expectations of the clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a variety of working relationships, including university faculty, leadership, and federal funding agencies officers.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to supervise activities of research project staff.
- Working knowledge of contract execution and administration is required.
- Ability to create and track proposal and project budgets.
- Ability to use and incorporate various hardware and software packages. Ability to research and identify new technologies and make recommendations for use and purchase.
- Must be available for occasional travel associated with events.
- Prefer 3+ years of experience in project management or program coordination with an emphasis on organization.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.