Stanford University Press Marketing Specialist
Stanford University Press Marketing Specialist
Job Number: 88145
Stanford University Press publishes 130 books a year across the humanities, social sciences, law, and business. Stanford University Press is located in Redwood City, CA.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2118099&targetURL=
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, and course auditing. Join a TedTalk, watch a film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
With minimal supervision, participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives that enable programs, services, events and/or products to meet the business objectives of Stanford University Press. Support cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
- Execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Implement marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders, authors, and vendor partners.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications which adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Manage the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research market trends.
- May plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Monitor and oversee product/program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work From Home until it is safe to return to our offices in Redwood City, CA.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4892
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 88145
Location: University Libraries, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency