Pay Grade: 9 ($42,028 - $56,533)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Admissions Recruiter-Advisor is responsible for conducting activities related to outreach, recruitment, admissions activities, marketing presentations, managing events, conducting information sessions and outreach off site and virtually, working to identify new target populations, managing inquiries, meeting with students to facilitate class registration for new and prospective students, and coordinating the Student Ambassador and Tour Program. This position reports to the Senior Director of Enrollment Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts activities related to outreach and recruitment
- Prepares and conducts admissions sessions/presentation to help market and facilitate admissions processes for the College.
- Develops new outreach efforts and targets populations
- Meets with dual enrollment students to select and register for courses
- Develops rapport and maintains strong relationships with high school counselors to support relationships and enrollment pipeline
- May be responsible for one or more of the following depending on the annual cycle of activities:
- Facilitate on-site and off-site financial aid and scholarship presentations
- Design new and effective events in a virtual environment
- Facilitate registration process for special populations as needed
- Join/attend advisory boards as needed
- Manages the Student Ambassador and College Tour Program
- Works with marketing to develop continuous new/fresh social media collateral
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of marketing, communications, social sciences, or related.
- One year’s minimum experience (three or more years preferred) in scheduling students for classes, recruitment and student outreach, presentations and public speaking, or relationship-building
- Community College work experience preferred
- Ability to use small office equipment and computers for data entry, word processing and/or accounting purposes
- Ability to learn and use new technology preferred
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, able to establish quick rapport, and enjoy working with people
- Experience preferred in customer service-related activities, in dually enrolled student enrollment, and in presentation delivery to students and/or external customers
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
This work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, area high schools and related offsite locations. Direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle.
This position will be placed on the 12-month grade 9 College salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at:
In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with minimum salary requirement emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
The deadline for applicant email submission is February 5, 2021 or postmarked by same date if submitted via U.S. mail.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: The College pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit and pays the entire cost of travel for the second visit. The College does not pay relocation expenses. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.